You can choose to use a local network for development purposes. To do this, we recommend you to check NEO-Local.
Note: This is used for development purposes only, neo components used in these docker images may not be the latest available. Always test your smart-contract using the Testnet.
Docker Required This projects uses Docker and Docker-compose. It works on MacOS, Linux and Windows machines. Fore more information related to Docker, please check their official website.
NEO-local will start several containers, being:
- 4 consensus nodes - a fully working network;
- Block explorer (Neoscan);
- Notification server (Neo-python);
- Development tools (Neo-python);
- A wallet with GAS;
- Developer faucet (to obtain extra GAS);
Having docker and docker-compose installed:
- Clone the repository: https://github.com/CityOfZion/neo-local
- From terminal or powershell change to the newly cloned directory on your machine:
- After the setup is done, check if everything is running by accessing
http://localhost:4000using your browser.
Please check Neo-local wiki for more information.